Friday, December 26, 2008

Friday Day 19 Looking Good


As you can see Zane no longer has the nasal cannula and his face has really cleared up. This morning I was giving him his bottle I realized it was gone. He is doing well with his feedings and is doing fine with Laurie's milk. So that means that Zane is processing the fats just fine. So we will probably never know what caused the hydrops. He gets better every day. He is receiving 40cc of food at each feeding, still half formula and half mother's milk. When he is receiving 45cc of just mother's milk it will be time to come home. We are getting close and we are in awe of how far we have come so quickly. I am hoping to be home by January 8th but we will have to wait and see.

Laurie's parents will be leaving tomorrow with Mignon and I think that will be hard on all of us. She did not want us to leave to go see Zane tonight, I think she was afraid that we wouldn't come back. There is a park with a playground a block from the apartment and we have had lots of fun there. I look forward to us all being home in Junction.

No comments: